At Genea we provide the most encompassing IVF and genetic testing services in Australia, this combined with our strong commitment to supporting and undertaking research into Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART), has gained us global recognition.
Below is an overview of the services we provide in order to deliver on our promise of “no better chance, no greater care”.
Genea is Australia’s premier provider for infertility, IVF and other assisted conception treatments. Through our pioneering science and personal, professional care and support we provide our patients with the greatest possible chance of becoming pregnant and having a healthy baby.
We work closely with our referring medical specialists to provide our patients with individual care and treatment which may include any of the following services:
- Assisted insemination (also known as intrauterine insemination, or IUI);
- Ovulation induction;
- In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) – predominantly embryos are cultured to and transferred at the blastocyst stage, a service not available at all IVF clinics due to quality control and laboratory standards;
- ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection which can be used to fertilise eggs when there is a decreased chance of fertilisation occurring with conventional IVF;
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) can increase the chance of having a healthy baby by excluding identifiable genetics abnormalities;
- Oocyte (egg) and embryo vitrification or freezing.
Genea is the only IVF clinic in Australia with full in-house genetic testing services. Genea Genetics is a world class laboratory offering a wide range of genetic screening and diagnostic testing services before, during and after pregnancy through our biochemistry, chromosome (cytogenetic) and molecular DNA laboratories.
Having such a comprehensive in-house genetic service contributes to our leading success rates in providing our patients with a healthy baby in fewer IVF cycles than other IVF clinics.
Genea has a strong and long-standing commitment to supporting research – approximately 25% of pre-tax profits are invested into research, a value that differentiates us from other purely clinical IVF clinics. As a direct result, Genea has made, and continues to make valuable contributions to significantly improving Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) techniques which have ultimately led to Genea having one of the highest IVF pregnancy rates in the world.
Among our achievements are the development of specialised embryo incubators and the development of our advanced embryo culture media, both of which enabled us to double our pregnancy rates from their introduction. In recent years, we have focused on, and we are at the forefront of stem cell research developing cell lines and bioassays for drug development in areas such as Huntington’s disease.