Congratulations for taking the time to focus on your health! We hope you find the information, tips and recipes on how to live and eat healthy contained in 7 Day Healthy Eating for Fertility Challenge helpful. If you are trying to conceive and would like a personalised lifestyle, nutrition assessment and plan, please contact Genea Holistic on 1300 367 198 to book a consultation with our fertility Nutritionist Kate O’Flynn (either in person or via a Skype/telephone consult).
Senior Nutrition and Lifestyle Consultant
Kate has carefully created the Healthy Eating for Fertility Challenge menu plan to help participants kick start their healthy eating in preparation for conception.
"I have always had an interest in educating women about their menstrual cycle and their bodies.
A lot of women are in the dark about how their bodies function and their fertility. It's remarkable how empowered they feel when they understand how their body works.
When I first started practising there were lots of woman who had hormonal problems and this naturally dovetailed into fertility problems.
The first couple I worked with had a huge impact on me. They had been trying to conceive for two years. They were in their 30s, seemingly healthy but with some issues around lifestyle excesses and, in the woman’s case, some obvious hormone irregularities. We sorted diet and lifestyle to get her ovulating and not long after that she fell pregnant. I was surprised by the immense joy I felt in helping this couple and how honoured I felt to be trusted and included in such an intimate part of their life. This part of my practice steadily grew until it became a key focus.
I love working with couples who sit side-by-side ready to share the journey.
I’m committed to the lifestyle changes that need to be made and enthusiastic about the possibilities when taking a holistic approach to their health."
7 Quick tips
7 quick tips before your 7 Day Healthy Eating for Fertility Challenge starts:
- Drink a minimum of eight glasses of purified water every day - use lemon, lime and mint to flavour the water and avoid soft drinks, alcohol and juice.
- If you can't give up alcohol for the week try to reduce your intake. Commit to at least 2 alcohol free nights, try diluting your wine with mineral water, use smaller glasses and choose light beer over full strength beers.
- Set aside time for food preparation and make time to sit and eat your meals at the table - by the way, your desk is not a table!
- Try to take part in some type of aerobic exercise for half an hour to an hour every day.
- Don't skip meals, especially breakfast. People who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight range and have improved mental alertness, concentration, memory and mental performance.
- Eat when you are hungry instead of when you are bored. When you reach for food that is not on your menu try to become aware of why. Ask yourself am I really hungry? Try and find your trigger. Boredom? Stress? Emotional comfort?
- If you fall off the 7 Day Healthy Eating for Fertility Challenge wagon, get back on again. Don't throw the towel in just because you had one slip up!
About Genea Holistic
Genea Holistic provides complementary natural healthcare to people who are having difficulty falling pregnant.
There's convincing evidence that fitness, nutrition, mental wellbeing, relaxation and acupuncture can be highly beneficial in achieving a natural, healthy pregnancy.
The holistic program has been developed by an integrated team of fertility specialists and complementary practitioners.
Genea Holistic offers comprehensive mind and body treatments including acupuncture, nutrition, fitness, counselling and relaxation practices such as yoga.
Over the next seven days we will run through some of the services provided by Genea Holistic that help to ensure you have the best chance of having a healthy baby.