The first appointment will be with a Genea Fertility Specialist who will review medical history and develop a personalised treatment plan. Doctors independently will charge for the first appointment, a cost which attracts a Medicare rebate. We strongly advise referral forms include the names of both patients so the maximum benefit can be claimed.
Items included in the cost of an IVF cycle fee:
- Ultrasounds and blood tests (including first pregnancy test)
- Lab, scientist and administration costs
- Genea Specialist fees for day surgery procedures
- Coordination of your cycle by your allocated nursing team
- Planning and management of your cycle
- Counselling (except for donor and surrogacy cycles)
- Local anaesthetic (where applicable).
Fertility treatment and IVF fees are current as at January 2018.
Please note these prices are a guide only, and subject to change. After your consult with one of our Fertility Specialists you will be given an individualised estimate of all fees and rebates. Patients who are not eligible for Medicare or reciprocal health care should call for further fee information.
||Cycle Cost (AUD)
||Estimated Out-of-Pocket Costs 1st cycle of Calendar Year (AUD) (Safety Net not reached)
||Estimated Out-of-Pocket Costs subsequent cycles (AUD) (Safety Net reached)
|Frozen Embryo Cycle
|Egg Freezing Cycle
||Cycle costs are dependent on your circumstances. Please call our Fertility Advisor on 1300 361 795 to discuss further.
|Geri, Genea’s time-lapse incubation system
||No additional charge
|Genea’s continuous culture medium
||No additional charge
|Grow by Genea™ embryo viewing mobile app
||No additional charge
More about our technology
Some patients elect to have genetic analysis of their embryos, or require additional science services. Listed below is an outline of these costs, which are conducted in our laboratories by our embryologists using our world leading science.
||$840 (includes 6 months complimentary storage)
|GeneSure™ Genetic testing of embryos (PGD) (test dependent)
||Starting from $850 per embryo tested
|Surgical sperm retrieval
||Dependent on level of health fund cover
||Day Surgery costs are eligible for health fund & Medicare rebate on Drs fees
||$252 (includes 6 months complimentary storage)
|Storage costs (Embryo, egg or sperm)
||$38 / month
|IMSI sperm selection
|PICSI sperm selection
Day surgery theatre and accommodation costs are often covered by private health insurance but if patients have limited or no health fund cover, the procedure costs at a Genea day surgery unit will be up to $1,270 for egg collection, $700 for embryo transfer or $335 for an IUI (non-claimable). Please note that there may be additional charges for anaesthetist fees if required. Prices quoted are only guaranteed at Genea Day Surgeries. Please contact the clinic-associated day surgery unit to obtain prices.
Many of Genea’s procedures are done under local anaesthetic, which is included in the cycle costs above. However, when a general anaesthetic is required it will incur an additional cost. Not all clinics allow patients to stay awake during the procedures but we find many of our patients prefer to be awake. This means patients are able to discuss egg numbers and embryo quality with their doctor and embryologist.
Please note these prices are a guide only, and subject to change. If the clinic doesn’t have a Genea Day Surgery, please confirm with the clinic and/or the day hospital for current procedure pricing.
Genea doesn’t require an upfront payment. We won’t process any payments until after your procedure, whether you are paying by credit card or direct from a bank account.
If you're wanting to make a payment for your treatment you can do so online.
When considering costs, at Genea there are options available to assist:
Zip Money is an interest free*, reusable account that lets you have the treatment you need now and pay later
SuperCare helps you access your super to pay for your treatment if this is medically necessary
MacCredit offers payment plan options to suit your needs
* Available to approved applicants only. Minimum monthly repayments are required. Paying only the minimum monthly repayment amount will not pay out the purchase within the interest free period. Any balance outstanding at the expiry of the interest free period for the purchase will be charged interest at the contractual rate, currently 19.9%. A $6 monthly account fee applies. A one-off establishment fee may apply. See your contract for further details. Credit provided by zipMoney Payments Pty Limited (ABN 58 164 440 993, Australian Credit Licence Number 441878). Zip is only available for payment of cycle fees and some exclusions apply, please speak with your PRC team for more details. Not to be used in conjunction with any other payment offer.
If your health fund is not on this list, please check with them regarding your cover for treatment with Genea.
Please note that the below list is not applicable for non-Genea Day Surgeries. You will need to contact the appropriate Day Surgery directly to discuss their Contracted Health Fund list.