NSW Government’s $2000 Fertility Treatment Rebate is now available!
NSW women undergoing fertility treatment can now claim the NSW Government’s one-off $2000 Fertility Treatment Rebate to help cover the cost of approved procedures at Genea.
The rebate is part of the government’s 2022/2023 budget and is currently restricted to 12,000 eligible women undergoing fertility treatment at private clinics on a first-in, best-dressed basis.
When considering the cost of treatment, remember not all clinics are the same. Genea’s success rates are between 25 and 27% higher than the national average, meaning you have a better chance of getting pregnant during your rebated cycle if you come to us.
While the NSW Government’s Fertility Treatment Rebate cannot be claimed until January 1, 2023, it can be used to cover the cost of approved treatments delivered after October 1, 2022. Eligible treatments and procedures include artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilisation, gamete intrafallopian transfer and any related treatment or procedure that is prescribed by the regulations (ART Act 2007).
What else we know about the NSW Government $2000 Fertility Treatment Rebate:
- You must be a NSW resident to claim the rebate, however you can have your treatment at Genea’s interstate clinics in Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, or Brisbane.
- Patients undergoing treatment must keep all receipts and submit their claim through Service NSW. The rebate form can only be submitted by a female applicant undertaking treatment in a private clinic.
- The rebate will be available for patients suffering from cancer or other medical conditions that require fertility preservation.
- The rebate will not be available to patients for the sole purpose of fertility preservation.
- The government will assess the rebate after the first 12,000 patients and will make a decision about whether it will be extended.
The NSW Government’s separate $500 Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate will continue to be available until January 1, 2023, after which it will be reduced to a $250. The Pre-IVF Rebate can be used to help cover the costs of pre-treatment fertility tests including AMH, pelvic ultrasound, ovulation testing and semen analysis.
To see NSW Health information and criteria for the $2000 Fertility Treatment Rebate and the Pre-IVF Fertility Testing Rebate, click here.
Please book an appointment with a Genea Fertility GP to get started and ensure that, if you require treatment, you won’t miss out on the limited rebate.