Genea is a fertility pioneer; researching, developing and introducing breakthrough technologies in assisted reproductive treatment for 30 years.
We believe that everything we do is to maximise the potential for our patients to experience the joy of having a family.
We are seeking an experienced Day Surgery Nurse to join us part time, on a 12 month maternity leave contract.
The role is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient pre, peri and post-operative care of patients in the Day Surgery.
Duties will include:
* Patient admission, screening and pre-operative preparation
* Assist Doctors with treatment in the procedure room competently
* Provide safe and effective recovery care to patients, escalating for clinical review as indicated
* Patient discharge - assessment of readiness and issue of post-operative instructions and medications
* Safe handling and management of specimens, medications, antibiotics and blood products (where applicable)
* Assist in the day to day activities of the day surgery as required
To be considered for this position you must have previous experience working in a Day Surgery.
Ideal candidate will:
* Recent scrub and scout experience essential
* Be focused on customer service and patient care, both directly face to face and in a supporting role (telephone, email, etc).
* Be a registered Nurse/Midwife with AHPRA (mandatory)
* Have a working with Children's Check (mandatory)
* Experience in a variety of nursing areas such as midwifery, reproductive and female health, and/or infertility (preferable)
Working for Genea
Our staff enjoy working at Genea for several key reasons; the people we work with, flexibility, development opportunities, fulfilment of working somewhere that truly makes a difference to people's lives.
To learn more about us and to meet some of the faces you will find at Genea, take a look at the video above!
What's in it for You?
* A rewarding and purposeful career where innovation is nurtured
* Undeniable work-life-balance
* Valuable rewards & recognition program
* Admirable Social Benefits
* First-class Health & Wellbeing program
To apply, please click the Apply Now button and submit your resume.