Genea is a fertility pioneer; researching, developing and introducing breakthrough technologies in assisted reproductive treatment for 30 years.
We believe that everything we do is to maximise the potential for our patients to experience the joy of having a family.
We are seeking an experienced Counsellor to join us on a permanent part time basis 1-2 days per week, preferably spread over Tuesdays & Thursdays (with the potential to increase). The hours of work are between school/office hours.
The role is responsible for providing counselling to patients receiving fertility treatment from our clinic in Heidelberg.
Duties will include:
- Provision of counselling through face to face sessions, via telephone/Skype and via group programmes
- Liaising with doctors, nurses and scientists to ensure the best possible care for patients and treatments
- Participating in donor information evenings
- Participating in staff education programmes to enhance staff knowledge and understanding of the patient's experience
- Appropriately liaising with patients and their partners/support persons re: care and treatment
- Participation in team meetings
To be considered for this position you must have previous counselling experience ideally in IVF or health, be comfortable working with short term clients using a variety of counselling models.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years counselling experience
- Maintain a caring, calm and supportive manner when dealing with patients and their partners
- Behave in an ethical manner at all times
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and risk management in the workplace
- Have a degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Be willing to be a Member of Fertility Society of Australia (FSA) and ANZICA - Australia New Zealand Infertility Association (highly advantageous)
Working for Genea
Our staff enjoy working at Genea for several key reasons; the people we work with, flexibility, development opportunities, fulfilment of working somewhere that truly makes a difference to people's lives.
To learn more about us and to meet some of the faces you will find at Genea, take a look at the video above!
What's in it for You?
- A rewarding and purposeful career where innovation is nurtured
- Undeniable work-life-balance
- Valuable rewards & recognition program
To apply, please click the Apply Now button and submit your resume.