Genea is a world leader in Fertilty treatment. Our culture is one of innovation, passion and teamwork - we are constantly striving to improve pregnancy outcomes for our patients using leading science, technology and providing the best possible clinical care.
When working for Genea you can expect to experience excellence, passion, development, teamwork and security - over the past few months the business has offered stability and continuity to our staff despite the challenging environment with COVID. Moreover, Genea is a great team of professionals - you will enjoy going to work every day!
We are currently seeking an experienced Lab Manager to join our state-of-the-art Canberra clinic. This role will be responsible for providing leadership and development of a small dynamic team of Scientists whilst managing the day-to-day operations within the Embryology and Andrology Labs.
Duties include however not limited to:
- Allocation of clinical workload within the team
- Performing all aspects of a clinical IVF laboratory inclusive of embryo hatching, embryo biopsy and tissue handling for PGT
- Liaising with the Fertility Laboratory Manager for all matters of science, operational, management and quality
- Manage and participate in the diagnostic andrology and biochemistry labs
- Participation in Genea IVF Satellite/Worldwide programs and support of the other Genea Embryology laboratories as required
- Complying with Genea quality management policies and all relevant Legislation, Standards and Guidelines
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and risk management in the workplace
We are seeking an experienced dynamic leader for this role, someone who has extensive clinical and people leadership capabilities. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role as an IVF lab manager
- Senior embryologists with 5+ years' experience training/supervising staff may be considered
- Must have relevant IVF clinical lab experience
- Diagnostic andrology and biochemistry experience preferred but not essential
- Minimum bachelor's degree in science field
- Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers
- A relevant drivers licence
- Be an Australian resident or have the relevant Australian work visa
To apply, please click the Apply Now button and submit your resume