Genea has been helping people make babies for the past 30 years, that's a whole lot of tiny feet pitter-pattering across Australia, with our baby-making technology helping bring plenty more into the world, around the world.
With us, parents-to-be have a whole fertility team of experts in their corner, who'll be with them every baby-step of the way. Why? Because we want our patients to start their journey knowing they've got the best chance of making a little person possible. That's Genea all over.
We are seeking an experienced Counsellor to join our team and will consider either part time or full time applicants.
The role is responsible for providing counselling to patients receiving fertility treatment.
Duties will include:
- Provision of counselling through face to face sessions, via telephone/Skype and via group programmes
- Liaising with doctors, nurses and scientists to ensure the best possible care for patients and treatments
- Participating in donor information evenings
- Participating in staff education programmes to enhance staff knowledge and understanding of the patient's experience
- Appropriately liaising with patients and their partners/support persons re: care and treatment
- Participation in team meetings
To be considered for this position you must have previous counselling experience ideally in Fertility, womens health, mental health, grief and loss or fostering/adoption. You must be comfortable working with short term clients using a variety of counselling models.
Ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years counselling experience
- Maintain a caring, calm and supportive manner when dealing with patients and their partners
- Behave in an ethical manner at all times
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and risk management in the workplace
- Have a degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Be willing to be a Member of Fertility Society of Australia (FSA) and ANZICA - Australia New Zealand Infertility Association (highly advantageous)
Working for Genea.
At Genea you will find a yourself in a collaborative and supportive culture, we are a business that proactively cares for our employees wellbeing. As a Genea employee you will have access to our health and wellbeing program (Good for You), corporate discounts and rewards and recognition program. Working on the front line as part of our Counselling team you will experience first-hand a sense of purpose and the fulfillment of helping others through your work.
Join a team of babymakers who changes people's lives..
To apply, please click the Apply Now button and submit your resume